Tuesday 15 April 2014

On a previous entry, an update

In a previous post, I had stated that Maria's appearance resembled mine at similar age, and "quoted" a photograph from memory. While I was in North Hatley celebrating Désirée's and my Pappy's birthday, I consulted ye olde family photograph album and scanned the relevant image.
 While I was wrong as to the colour of my pyjamas, I was correct in my overall assement of a family ressemblance. It turns out, I was about 18 months old at the time. While I am perhaps a tad slimmer as to skull than Maria, we are chips off the same block.
When I brought the top photograph to my father attention, he inadvertantly insulted me by asking who it was in the picture! I found this particularly insulting as the picture to the left of it showed my elder brothers also in pyjamas playing with the train tracks. As you can see below, they had distinctly darker hair and lesser amounts of baby fat.
Incidentally, I am now wondering if those train tracks weren't in fact an early version of Thomas the Tank Engine toys as I now recall the engines had faces.

No comments: