Saturday 9 November 2013

On how my nieces have grown

I have just got off Skype with Alice and company, direct from their vacation on Salt Spring Island. The short version is, "My God, Anna and Maria have grown tremendously!"  Anna is now talking a mile a minute in long sentences. Maria can now walk with assistance. I now realise I haven't seen them since January.
A screen shot from Skype
Perhaps foolishly, I asked if I might visit them on my winter vacation at the end of February.  Foolishly, as Sioux Lookout is not easy to get to from Montreal.  I can almost say, "Thank God, I don't have a car, or else I might be tempted to drive there!" ;-)  I just checked on Google maps and the distance is about 2000 km!

I was flattered to learn that Anna is mistaking my brother Stephen for me. Apparently, I made a sufficient impression in her mental space that she assumes very large (to her) uncles with dark hair and grey-shot beards are me! Stephen and I are relatively alike in size and shape though I am a bit trimmer. Anna also commented that I had a "pink forehead".  I tried to explain that I was going bald like her Pappy but I don't think the message go through.

No comments: