Friday 29 July 2011

On preparations afoot

As Alice and Anna are arriving this afternoon in Montreal, I decided to arrange to take the afternoon off work in order to greet them at the airport. This also means I will be 3 for 3 in the first uncle (or aunt) on my side of the family to meet new nieces or nephews!

Anyway, I have been using the time to do some preparation for Newfoundland in the form of washing and treating my soft shell jacket. I am also cooking some curry for the first night on the road. (Once the curry is cooked, I will freeze it. It should keep long enough that way without external refrigeration.) There is a pile of biking gear in the living room, waiting for me to figure out how exactly I should pack it all up for transport.

Hmm, and I probably should start boxing Leonardo for the plane, as I won't have all that much time to myself before next Friday as I am heading out to North Hatley this evening.

And to top it off, the price on tickets to Sydney has just dropped a bit. If they are still that price next week, I think I will book my to Oz.

No comments: