Friday 7 March 2008

On a new plan

I talked with Margo last night about her possible involvement. While they can't yet commit at this point, she did bring up a very interesting idea, one that must admit, I had completely ignored: going via Prince Edward Island.

Her idea was to take Confederation Bridge to P.E.I. and then the Northumberland ferry to Pictou. I was a bit skeptical about this, until I did a bit of research. This uncovered a number of very interesting facts. The first of which is that the government of P.E.I.'s tourism website is very good, especially for cyclists. The Confederation Trail network looks very promising and very well suited to our needs. Secondly, going via P.E.I would only add about 60 km of cycling (assuming a fairly direct route through P.E.I.) compared to the Nova Scotian route. Thirdly, none of us have ever been to P.E.I.

The more I think about it, the more I think it is a good idea. I will therefore call this plan 5. In addition, I think this is now the default plan. For those of you who want a visual representation, here is plan 5 in all its glory:
Thank you Margo for your good idea.

In other news, my sister will be coming here at the end of April. I plan on giving her my duffle bag to take back to Norris Point with her to pre-position the bag for the trip home.

No comments: